T-minus 1 week

|

A week from today, at this time, I will be sitting at DFW airport waiting to board a flight to Atlanta then off to Israel.  I'm very excited about this trip and am looking forward to walk through the Holy Land and visit the historical sights of the Bible.


Growing up, this was my view of "The Holy Land." Over my childhood and youth, and yes even twice as a youth director, I visited the Great Passion Play and what they called the Holy Land Tour.  It was entertaining and educational. Walking around a replica of the Exodus temple and see a layout of the upper room brought my heart and mind close to the stories of the Bible and even though I was in Arkansas, I developed ideas of what it might have been like to walk in the same places Jesus walked.


I know this is an understatement, but this trip is going to blow Eureka Springs, Arkansas out of the water.  I won't be imagining Bethlehem, Jerusalem, Jericho, the Jordan River, the Sea of Galilee, I will be sailing, wading, walking and experiencing the Holy Land for myself.


Over the next few weeks, I will be sharing my thoughts, adventures, stories, pictures and hopefully some video of my trip.  I'm doing this mostly for my own record of the trip, but if you would like to come along and comment and share your thoughts, please feel free to comment below.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

©2009 FM 544 & Alanis | Template Blue by TNB