Ordination Process

|

I am in the process of writing a lot of paperwork for Ordination.  To be honest, I have been dragging my feet, mainly because I haven't had the confidence in my self to do this.  I could try to make other excuses but I know that is the main one.


Today has been different for me.  This morning, I got up and decided to go for a jog.  I'm training for a 5k race coming up in Sherman on September 18 and this morning I actually ran a full 5k (actually 5.01 but who's counting). In the past, I usually would grab my Ipod touch and turn on music or listen to a podcast while I made my way around the circuit, I've plowed through 2.5 to 3.4 k resting when I got home, but I decided that today I would push the limit and hit 5k (In 36.54 minutes according to www.runtracker.com so I'll take that).  This morning, my Ipod wasn't charged so i went out without it.  I was blessed.  

During my run I had two verses that ran through my head.  The first was Philippians 4:13, "I can do all this through him who gives me strength." and Psalm 121:2 "My help comes from the Lord, the Maker of heaven and earth."
As I was making my way around my neighborhood, I realized what I need to do.  I'm not worthy to be a minister of the Gospel, but God has granted me the privilege to be in ministry with God's people.  I am forever thankful for that. 

So now I write, and I write here on my blog for an extra sense of accountability.  I don't know who, if anyone is following my blog but I wanted to start by establishing a process that will keep me accountable.  Everything is due December 1, so this is the process I will follow and I will post along as I complete step by step.

So here we go...
September 14: Onsite paper... strengths, growing edges, challenges of current appointment, and How the residency period has shaped the resident’s understanding of the mission of the church.
September 28: Discipline Questions 4,5,6
October 12: Questions 7,8,9
October 26: Questions 1,2,3 and Vocation Question
November 9: Practice of Ministry Questions 1,2,3
November 23 - Practice of Ministry Questions 4,5,6
December 1: Papers turned in.

So there you have it this is my task. I pray that God will strengthen me as I go through this three month journey and help me grow as a minister of the Gospel.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

©2009 FM 544 & Alanis | Template Blue by TNB